Located on the south side of the Pamlico River, Chocowinity is a small community with a rich heritage of history, agriculture, and industry. The name “Chocowinity” means “fish from many waters,” and fishermen visiting Chocowinity can look forward to shad, perch, red breast, black fish, pike pickerel, jack, rock, bass, trout, and sturgeon.
Where to Stay
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 3635 Hwy 17 S, Chocowinity, 252.946.8001
- Twin Lakes Campground, 100 Memory Lane, Chocowinity, 252.946.2509
Where to Play
- Tar Heel Variety Theater, 447 Carrow Road, Chocowinity, 252.975.2117
- Cypress Landing Golf Club, 600 Clubhouse Road, Chocowinity, 252.946.7788
- Miss Bea Charters w/Capt. Bob Boulden, 252.402.5564
Additional Chocowinity Resources
- Chocowinity Pet Resort & Day Camp, 89 Maple Court, Chocowinity, 252.940.1234
- Chocowinity United Methodist Church, 678 NC 33 Hwy N, Chocowinity, 252.946.3101
- Haw Branch Church of Christ, 1501 Haw Branch Road, Chocowinity, 252.946.5083
Planning to make Chocowinity your home? See what other Chocowinity businesses are available to serve your needs, from landscaping to home building to child care, visit the Washington Beaufort County Chamber of Commerce.